Wednesday 25 January 2012

Use of Editing Software In Our G324 Project

When creating our initial drafts for our poster and magazine cover, we used Microsoft PowerPoint to create a very basic version of what we want our products to look like. As a group, we knew that if we wanted to achieve a high mark for our project, we had to step out of our comfort zone and be adventurous with new editing techniques and programmes.

G.I.M.P. (GNU Image Manipulation Programme) is a programme that is available to download for free online. We chose to use this programme for several particular reasons:
  • I have used this programme before and can work with it
  • The programme is new to my group members, which enables them to learn how to use a different piece of editing software
  • G.I.M.P. is more challenging than Photoshop, which means getting a better outcome would take more work
  • G.I.M.P. is 100% free, so all of our group members can download it and learn how to use it in ttheir own time
  • Most of our classmates will be using Photoshop, so using G.I.M.P. would make our products unique and original
As an example of what G.I.M.P. can do, I created a detailed magazine cover example and wrote about it in a previous post. I created this image to test what types of effects would work on our magazine cover, and to get back into being able to use the programme comfortably.



Overall, G.I.M.P. will bring something new and challenging to our group work, and further our knowledge of media editing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment